Things to Do In Cape Cod
For upcoming events in the Chatham Area visit: Chatham Events Calender
Discover the breathtaking views and beautiful white sandy beaches of Cape Cod, Massachusetts. This stunning area is full of activities and attractions for everyone to enjoy. With such a wide variety of attractions and other great things to do in the area, Cape Cod is the perfect place to escape to for your next vacation. Relax on the beautiful white beaches, experience the thrill of watching whales, spend the day golfing at one of the scenic golf courses, or taste our fresh seafood caught on the Cape Cod shoreline. With so much to do, you’ll be sure to make memories and fill your trip with tons of fun. Can’t choose which things you want to experience? Let us help you plan your memorable vacation in Cape Cod. Contact us and reserve your cottage today!
- Biking: Bike to your heart’s content on the Cape Cod Rail Trail. Named after the former railroad, this paved path follows the Cape Cod Rail Trail extending 22 miles through the towns of Dennis, Harwich, Brewster, Orleans, Eastham and Wellfleet. The wide shoulder also accommodates horseback rides, walkers and runners. Benefit from the public restrooms, bike rentals, or stop for a snack or ice cream along the way. Also view a guide to biking on Cape Cod.
- Baseball: You can experience one of America’s favorite pastimes with the Chatham Anglers and the entire Cape Cod Baseball League, the premier amateur baseball league in the nation since 1885. View Cape Cod Baseball for more information on the games.
- Ferries to the Islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard: Take a day trip to the historic whaling port of Nantucket or the diverse towns of Martha’s Vineyard on these short ferry cruises. For more information on these short cruises see Freedom Cruise Line and Hy-Line.
- Fishing: The abundant shoreline and great weather make Chatham home to some of the best striped bass fishing in the world. There is something for everyone from fly fishing to sport fishing and even flounder for the kids to fish. Breaking stripers, bluefish, bonito, and false albacore are all caught on our shorelines. Try Jailbreak Sport Fishing or Family Fishing Fun for more information on fishing in the area.
- Kayaking: Explore the tidal rivers, bays and estuaries that make up the landscape of Cape Cod. Glide over the shallow sand shoals, through the winding trails in the salt marshes, wander around islands and out to areas in and around the Cape Cod National Seashore
- Golf: Scenic nine holes await you at the town-owned Chatham Seaside Links golf course. Or you can visit the Captains Course in Brewster, MA at Cape Cod Golf Course where there are PGA professionals for lessons and a Pro Shop. Visit Golf Cape Cod for a comprehensive list of golf courses in the area.
- Summer Theater: Get swept away to different countries and cultures at one of the many summer theaters on Cape Cod. Enjoy astounding dramatic performances, light-hearted musicals or comedy. Local theaters such as the Monomoy Theater in Chatham and the Cape Playhouse in Dennis provide wonderful entertainment worth experiencing.
- Whale Watching: Sail out to the shores of Provincetown and Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary where you will discover whales and other marine life in their natural habitat. Get right up next to the action with 40 ton whales. These tours have seen Humpback, Minke, and Finback whales as well as dolphins. Go to Dolphin Fleet or Hyannis Whale Watcher for more information.
With so many things Cape Cod has to offer, why wouldn’t you want to come and do them all?